Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jesus's Birthday












Well I got in a little hot water with Jesus regarding yesterday's post about the Duggars and their 18 kids who all start with the letter 'J'.

Apparently, it's not very "Christian" to "bust" on their "lameness". Or something.

Jesus: Why do they interest you so much?

Me: I don't know - it's just so freaky...it's like how George Foreman has 5 sons all named "George"...or how Jermaine Jackson named his son "Jermajesty". Which the Duggars should totally keep in mind, by the way, for Kid 19.

Jesus: In the spirit of Christmas, we should all be a little more generous of heart.

Me: Word. Hey- what's with the T-shirt? "It's About The Child in the Hay, Not the Man in the Sleigh"...?

Jesus: People sometimes forget it's my birthday.

Me: I didn't...do you want to go to Dave & Busters or something?

Jesus: No.

Me: Wellll......IF The Man in the Sleigh was going to get you something....what do you want for your birthday?

Jesus: Peace on earth. And a Snuggie.  And "That's What I Call Music 29".

Me: Done.






Programming note: Blogger is holding 40 comments hostage from yesterday cuz I turned on comment moderation and it's broken. Today's comments should be fine Soon as it's fixed, I'll post the hostages!

21 comments:

Leigh said...

You are so wrong on SOOO many levels. I love it!! ;)

Dennis and Leslie said...

hahaha, that's hilarious!! I think that snuggie looks great on Him, I want one too!!

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

You think you got slack on the last post?! I can't wait to read the comment section on THIS ONE! merry Christmas, girl!

Shelley said...

Would it be sacreligious to point out that historians think Jesus was probably born in the spring? So maybe He would prefer to go to Hooters in March? I mean, you know, more sacreligious than Jesus in a snuggie.

Merry Christmas, Sue! :)

Sue Wilkey said...

Coco- good get- I just switched to blog owner approval. ;)

Anonymous said...

I <3 THIS POST!

Anonymous said...

I'd totally go to dave and busters with Jesus and KICK HIS HOLY ASS in ALL the racing games.

RuensOnTheRun said...

This is one of those post you come back to read ALL the comments. I need a snuggie...I don't know if I would ever get dressed and moving though...I would never get off the computer then!

The Nice One said...

Ha ha ha.....Oooooh I can't WAIT to see the comments that fly in.
Happy birthday, Big Guy.

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so had that my ticket to heaven came out of my nose. Merry Christmas!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! This post was hilarious. Merry Christmas and HAPPY birthday to Jesus!!!

Kirsten said...

I shouldn't have read your post, because my laughing at the pic of Jesus brought on a coughing fit.

The whole family thought I was choking. I hate having a cold, but I love the post and pic.

Thanks for the laugh.

Unknown said...

Awesome pic. So, how does he like the snuggie?

Lisa-licious said...

Blogging on Christmas. It has come to this.

I never knew the name of those blanket deals...snuggie. Got it.
Need one, ASAP.

And Jesus in a Dave and Busters? Too funny!!! Great post!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Pam said...

lmao i actually got that cd as one of my stocking stuffers lol

Bar-b said...

Someone in Hell's entrance has a sign that reads "Happy Hour Sue" :)

Mama H said...

I love the Snuggie picture! It actually suits Him!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm not sure what I think is funnier.... the Duggars naming their next child Jermagisty or Jesus requesting a Snuggie! This cracks me up!

Hair Girl said...

You are a funny girl. A funny girl going to Hell, but very funny.
My 6 yo saw the commercial for the Snuggie and asked why "everyone had their robe on backwards?"

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Well I'm goin' to hell. Cuz I just laughed OUT LOUD at Jesus in a Snuggee. Heh...

Anonymous said...

Found you thru the "Top 50 List" As I rode a bike at the gym today with headphones on I saw the Snuggie commercial and started dying laughing...if everyone only knew! I have sent that post to a ton of people - Priceless.
Julie
NOT a child NOR relative of
The Duggars