Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Love It When People Give Me Things

So I'm going through my Gmail, (which is usually a 50/50 split of new Twitter followers and tragic Nigerian millionaire heiresses who need my help), and there's an offer from the PR girl for Sanita Clogs saying she wants to send me a FREE pair of clogs, no strings attached.

"We're not asking for a review or even a mention, we just want you to be happy." was her direct quote.

And then the skies parted and some bluebirds alighted on my computer because THIS is my clog collection:
I know. I'm like travel-team level clog wearer.



So I power-surf over to their site and pick out THESE
because honestly they are so adorable I could just go blind looking at them.

and then the girl emails me "OK I just need your home address." and I'm all: "Please tell me you're not a psychotic killer who's going to show up at my door and use my skin for a coat." and she's all "No- I just had a baby." and I'm thinking well she could leave the baby with a sitter while she's on her clog-deception murder spree....but I'm willing to take the chance because LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE.

Plus I have mad kickboxing skillz and anyway she's probably wicked sleep-deprived from having a new baby and everyone knows sleep-deprived mass murderers can be taken down with one roundhouse to the head.


Fabulously cute clogs: $ zero dollars
Shipping for new clogs: $ zero dollars
Not having your fingertips made into a necklace: priceless.



25 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Yay! You're back! I'm so going to use the "skin coat" line sometime! Love your clogs :)

Tenakim said...

wow- those are very cute- I hope you live to wear them!

Kourtney said...

Those are cute! I'm assuming that you're fully aware of all things wonderful in the Dansko line?
And where do I sign up to receive free stuff, no strings attached?
:-)

Jillian said...

I am SO green with envy. :( Hater.

Tiffany said...

Free cute shoes? That's like a Christmas miracle except it's not December.

justme said...

those are adorable. and holy cow clog fetish !!

way back about 7 years ago i got a stress fracture in my foot and the doc said where clogs and it will help you recover.....best purcahse ever...clogs, comfy, go with boot like pants perfectly and good for my feet, got them in black .....

CaseyDeuce said...

I lurve those!! I couldn't live without my dansko's and my sanitas!!

Laila P said...

Umm...could you hook me up with someone who will send me free bags? I'm willing to risk being raped and murdered if it means I get my hands on the latest Gucci...

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I love those clogs. I love them enough to risk bodily harm too....does she have more??

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yeah...I love when your happy...I actually heard the birds chirping....PS, I would TOTALLY let my nails be made into a necklace for a free pair of clogs...nails grow back don't they?

MYM said...

That is seriously messed-up man! LOL I have 2 pairs of shoes. One for work. One for not work. Both flat. Both black. No I'm not a guy. lol

Wendy said...

those are all YOUR clogs? not some shot of the entryway of a Minnesota lesbian dinner party? ;-)

Wendi said...

Do you dance in those clogs? Are you some sort of professional? And if I'm ever trying to reassure someone I'm not going to murder them, it's good to know the line, "No, I just had a baby" will throw them off my tracks.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I like those and I'm not even a fan of clogs. I can't walk in them properly. I sort of CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP really loudly to the point that people think someone is firing off a weapon...

3 Peanuts said...

I love it when things like that happen and yes---you have a lot of clogs!

Miss Yvonne said...

I want to curl up under those clogs and have my Grandma tell me about the good old days.

sigh...

I can't wear cute clogs like that, because I am a klutz and every time I've tried wearing clogs I end up tripping over my own feet and hurting myself.

Lisa-licious said...

How did we miss that topic? Just one more thing we have in common. Hey, I've got a great idea! Lets start a convention called
"ClogHer"!

We could be roomies and drink Vodka sweet tea, and call Nannas in the middle of the night! Whadda ya think??!!

Michelle said...

Too fun!

I love free stuff. Someone contacted me recently for my first review/giveaway and I was super excited.

Anonymous said...

Lisa-Licious and HHS,

What is happening with CougHer?

By the way, no CROC's?

sheilah said...

There are some seriously cute clogs on that site. But, seriously, Vegan?? WTF??

Though I suppose it's better to put a Vegan on your foot than a Carnivore.

Jenni said...

Free is my favorite price!

Liz said...

Dang girl...that's a lot of clogs! But I'm just curious about 1 thing.

What is that red fuzzy thing on the floor behind them in the pic?

Kelly said...

and to think I am 40 years old and don't own even ONE clog!!

My crazy stab in the dark guess is she already *knew* you had a fetish before she offered you the no strings attached free clogs.
I think she picked the right person fo sho!

Lindsey said...

ok, i'm new here... so i'm reading some posts from earlier. i'm sure you've NEVER heard this before... but you are SO funny.
travel team level clog wearer.

varsity lettermans jacket, with a little gold clog pin - it might cost ya, but PRICELESS.

Bar-b said...

wow, clogs? and like a million pairs of them. Well, I hope you wear your free quilt clogs in good health :)